Is your license plate naked? Does your car believe in anything? If you’ve been reading this blog for a while and you live in North Carolina, I assume that you have an affinity license plate to show your support of the Smokies or the A.T.
But if not, are you in luck? Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail has been approved a great license tag. See above.
We voted for our favorite design. People said that they liked this design because 1) it’s based on the actual MST sign; 2) it includes hikers; and 3) the FMST colors are vibrant enough to see from a distance.
So now you need to get one. We have to sell 300 plates to even be in the game.
Why buy an MST plate now?
1. It’s a fun way to show your love of hiking and the MST
2. It’s a great way to provide financial support for the MST – $20 of the $30 annual cost will be returned to FMST to build, protect and promote the trail.
3. Your plate will have a low number which will identify you as one of the early supporters of the MST.
4. If you want a personalized plate, most options are still available if you order now.
5. A plate would be a great present for a special person this holiday season!
To order your plate, download the application, fill out the form and mail it with your check to Friends of the MST.
When FMST has pre-sold 300 plates, the NC Division of Motor Vehicles will produce the plates and mail them to everyone who has preordered.
Please act now. The NC General Assembly has given us only a short time to sell the first 300 plates before the authorization for the plate expires. Now is your chance to have an MST license plate.