Hiking clubs in and around Western North Carolina
When you are in the area, check out the hikes given by local hiking clubs.
All hikes are run by volunteers. Most have their hike schedule on the web.
Before you go on a hike as a guest,
- Call the leader to make sure that the hike is appropriate for guests in general and for you, in particular,
- Bring the right gear for the hike,
- Confirm the time and location of the meeting point,
- Get to the meeting point 15 minutes before,
- If you get a ride to the trailhead from another hiker, be prepared to chip in for the cost of the ride. Have several small bills handy,
- Thank the leader at the end of the hike.
- If you have gone on more than two hikes with a club, it is time to join the club.
Dedicated to the conservation and maintenance of the A.T.
Hiking Club based in Boone, NC
Hiking club based in Charlotte, NC
– Hiking club based in Asheville, NC
– Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail
Hiking club based in Atlanta
– Hiking club based in Hendersonville
– Hiking club based in Statesville and Mooresville, NC
– Hiking club based in SW North Carolina and North Georgia
Hiking club based in Franklin, NC
– Hiking club based in Brevard, NC
– Hiking club based in Knoxville, TN
– Hiking club based E. TN and SW VA